Friday, March 23, 2012

House Buying Progress!

Since I'm the most impatient person in the universe, trying to buy a house is the most drawn-out experience ever. But, this morning I was able to call a real estate agent to set up an appointment for a house showing! 

Because I'm a temporary employee and was struggling to get a loan, my friend Alvin told me to call his step mom who is a loan originator. She is AMAZING! She did exactly what I wanted. I gave her all of our information and told what the price point we wanted. Then she did all this stuff behind the scenes with her tools and knowledge and now she is confident we'll be pre-approved for the amount we asked for! On April 1st we'll know for sure. Nope, not an April Fool's joke. The company she works for is partnering with a new service, so she needs to wait until then to officially pre-approve us. Otherwise, if we do it now with their current service, it probably won't happen. 

I feel like an expert on credit and home buying now after speaking with her. She has explained everything to me so clearly. Obviously I know like .0002% of what she does, but I am just ecstatic! Of course I say this now, but when my water heater dies and my roof leaks I'll be singing another tune!


No comments:

Post a Comment