Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Customer Service--New Policy Needed

I don't care if the cashier checking me out doesn't greet me, or if the only words they mutter to me is my total. I've been there, I get it--you hate your job, whatever. I do care, however, when they hand me my coins on top of my bills. Biggest. Pet. Peeve. Ever. It's an awkward balancing act that I'm not interested in playing while a line behind me is building up. I don't even pay with cash that often, but when I do it's just horrible. When I cashiered during my high school and college days, I ALWAYS handed the coins back first, then the dollars. I also counted back their change (the dollars, not the coins). No one ever does that anymore. They're just like, "Here's your change." And hand me this wadded mixture of coins and bills that forces me to put down my wallet, pour the change from one hand to the other, dumping them into my zippered coin pocket so I can then stuff the dollars into the billfold. Whew. Quite the process.

I think every store should adopt a "No-Change-on-Top-of-Bills Policy" to optimize their customer's shopping experience. I mean, stores don't want their shoppers to walk out feeling frustrated do they?

Am I overreacting? I've been known to be a little over-dramatic at times...

1 comment:

  1. Agree. There is no such thing as over dramatic anyway. If you aren't going all out, you aren't being dramatic.

    ReplyDelete