Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Help A Stranger!

Michael and I were headed to the dog park yesterday, when we noticed a person in need of some assistance. We saw an older man on the ground, trapped under his bicycle in the apron of Bergstrom's driveway. I think Mike and I saw him at the same time, because just as I was saying "help him!" Mike quickly swerved into the driveway and got out.

The man was older, I'd say in his late 50s. He was flailing his arms and legs, like the bike was twisted around his body, but Mike was able to pull the bicycle off and help him up. Turns out he wasn't tangled up, just stuck. The man said he nicked the edge of the curb with his bicycle tire, and fell. I'm so glad he was OK! Whew! He was even wearing a neon safety vest and helmet! How much more safe can you get?

The sad part was there was a salesman and two customers checking out a car in the parking lot not too far away.  I don't know what their excuse was; maybe they really didn't see it or hear it. To their credit, the man was not yelling for help (I don't think). I am just glad I am with a guy who will swerve out of his way to help someone.

Come to think of it, this isn't the first time he's done something like this. He has helped pull cars out that are stuck in snow a couple of times! So if you're stuck, and a man comes to help you, he may not be a creeper--just a helper! It's hard to tell now a days though, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment